At First Glance
Packaging: This mascara comes in the type of sleek, black tube you'd expect mascara to come in with Too Faced's signature logo and text on it. I think the Lash Injection needle with a mascara spoolie on the end is a little funny.
Brush: The brush has a million lash-coating bristles, which I believe is a bit different than other mascara brushes I've used recently.
Claim v. Reality
Claim (according to Too Faced's description):
- waterproof, 3-D formula builds tubes around each lash that fatten and stretch lashes for the look of extensions without the cost or commitment
- 3D Lash Coating Technology: Elastin polymers form tubes around each lash that actually plump and stretch each individual lash, far beyond their natural length.
- Giant Wand: Specialized, GIANT “Christmas tree” shaped wand injects lashes with indelible, rich color. Sweat & Weatherproof: Zero smudging, streaking or flaking.
- Moisturizing Ingredients: Generous doses of Jojoba and Vitamin E condition and fortify lashes to prevent damage that can result in breakage.
- Curling Effect: Fast-drying elastic polymer provides a "curling" effect, which helps to lift and freeze lashes without a curler.
- Easy to Remove: Formula is easily taken off with soap and warm water or your favorite eye makeup remover. It will come off like tiny “lash socks”.
I actually did see a difference when using this mascara, it made my lashes look as though there were more of them. It didn't really add length though. In my experience it was waterproof, but it removed easily. I hate when you can't get your waterproof makeup off! One thing I noticed that I loved about it was that my lashes were seriously so flexible without any dryness or stiffness. It was like my lashes were made of rubber, I loved that aspect!
|Look at my pathetic lashes in all their nakedness! Ugh!|
|Lashes with Too Faced Lash Injection Mascara (curled prior to application) - Look at that difference!|
|View of Too Faced Lash Injection Mascara on lashes from above.|
Major Pros or Cons
- Pro - Waterproof and very dark black
- Pro - Leaves lashes super soft and flexible
- Pro - Makes it look as though you've multiplied your lashes
- Pro - Brush makes it easy to apply
- Con - Didn't add "extreme" length, just some
- Con - Doesn't curl lashes, but in my experience no mascara does, eyelash curlers are the only way for me
Overall I have to say I'm pretty impressed with the volumization and flexibility of this mascara. What I've been doing lately is applying this on my lashes, then doing a few coats of Maybelline Full 'N Soft mascara (see review here) over it since that gives me decent length.
This mascara sells for $21 per tube on the Too Faced website.
Would I recommend it or use it again?
I would absolutely recommend this for someone looking for volume, but not for length. I can't tell you how impressed I am by the volume it provides and the feel of your lashes after you apply it (am I the only one obsessed with this?). I didn't see the length and I wouldn't say it curled my lashes, but if you use an eyelash curler you'll be fine!
You can view it on the Too Faced website HERE.
Have you tried this? What did you think?