At First Glance
Packaging: I strongly prefer glass jars over plastic for a number of different reasons (especially the fact that they don't leech chemicals into the products they hold), so I was really glad to see that this product came in a lovely glass jar!
Scent: This product has a very light fragrance that's a mixture of citrus and floral in my opinion.
Application: This balm glides right onto your skin and melts in like a dream! It didn't absorb completely into my lids, and did leave them feeling a bit slick. I have a very small bit of oiliness to my lids naturally, but not much at all and I'd consider my skin in general to be combination/normal. Keep in mind, I wouldn't be able to apply this to my eyes and then put my eyeshadow on without it creasing. If you have drier skin it may actually absorb completely.
Ingredients: PARAFFIN, DECYL OLEATE, BEESWAX (CERA ALBA), LANOLIN, MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX (CERA MICROCRISTALLINA), CALENDULA OFFICINALIS FLOWER OIL, SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) OIL, CHOLESTEROL, ISOPROPYL MYRISTATE, PROPYLPARABEN, BHT, CITRUS AURANTIUM DULCIS (ORANGE) FLOWER OIL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE.
Claim v. Reality
Claim (pulled from press materials for this product):
"Rehabilitating mature aging skin around the delicate eye area, this corrective and emollient balm is a highly effective combination of luxe ingredients specifically formulated to counter the three prominent signs of aging – moisture loss, collagen breakdown, and free radical damage. Calendula oil, a natural anti-inflammatory, is added to reduce the appearance of under-eye puffiness while orange oil improves the appearance of the delicate skin around the eyes and helps correct age-related damage. Jojoba oil and Vitamin E protect the delicate skin from environmental stresses and support the restructuring of the tissue. A super anti-aging agent at your call – Lucky You!"
Here's the Reality: I was genuinely shocked by how improved my lids and skin around my eyes felt after just one night! This literally left my skin supple and dewy. I didn't realize how tired and "old" the skin felt before. I have rarely come across an eye cream, gel, lotion, etc. that's made a huge difference, and definitely not one that's made such a noticeable difference over night. I was impressed.
Major Pros or Cons
- Pro - Effective! This really made a huge difference on my lids and the skin around my eyes with just one application over night.
- Pro - Fabulous ingredients. This product has some of my favorite ingredients including beeswax, natural oils, and Calendula extract.
- Pro - Versatile. Votre Vu Eye Beauty Balm can also be used to soften problem areas such as elbows, knees, and heels.
- Pro/Con - Price. The price per jar is $49. This is more expensive than popular drugstore brands, but more affordable than many high-end products. It depends on your budget as to whether this price is a pro or con.
- Con - This product, to my dismay, includes parabens. If you follow my blog, you know I try to avoid products with parabens, pthalates, silicone, etc. I do use some products that I can't seem to do without that include these products on occasion, but not regularly.
Votre Vu Eye Beauty Balm is a probably one of the most effective eye products I've ever tried when it comes to moisturizing and revitalizing. I love so many of the ingredients, it makes me sad that this product includes parabens.
The price for a .24 fl oz jar is $49 retail.
Where to Buy
You can purchase Votre Vu Eye Beauty Balm from their site HERE.
Would I recommend it or use it again?
I may use it occasionally when I think my eyes need a special little boost, but because of the presence of parabens I personally wouldn't use it daily. I would definitely suggest this to a beauty fanatic looking for a great eye product that doesn't mind parabens. I would also suggest this to someone like myself that tries to avoid them, but makes exceptions on occasion with full disclosure that this product includes parabens. It's really a personal choice. Bottom line, this is a fantastically effective product and it's up to you whether or not one ingredient prevents you from trying it!
This product was provided for review by PR.