|Pulled from Amazon.com|
Aside from some changes to the kindles we're already familiar with (things like a touch screen model), Amazon is releasing the Kindle Fire. The Kindle Fire is essentially a small tablet that packs a punch. It's like the Kindle in the sense that it supports electronic reading, but in addition it also offers many features/benefits.
- An impressive color touchscreen
- Super detailed color displays of magazines
- User-friendly interface
- Ultra-fast mobile browsing through Amazon's new Amazon Silk Browser in addition to Amazon Web Services cloud
- FREE cloud storage! Meaning you don't have to rely on your device for all of your storage!
- Super durable screen (a special material that's supposed to prevent some of the typical bumps and scratches)
- Amazon Whispersync provides automatic backup of your data
- Email app that combines all of your accounts
- Document support of documents including PDFs, new and older versions of Word, etc.
- Free month of Amazon Prime (unlimited streaming of movies and videos as well as free 2-day shipping on qualified items--love this! I did a trial a few months ago and was impressed)
- Access to 100,000 movies and tv shoes (not new, but a great feature)
- A dual-core processor (so excited about this!)
- Access to all of your favorite apps and games
- Millions of electronic books (again, nothing new, but great all the same)
- Children's e-books (nothing new, but great for families)
- 17 million songs (impressive and a good iPad competitor)
This goes for $199 with free shipping. It can be pre-ordered now and will begin to ship Nov 15th.
Where to Buy
This can only be purchased through Amazon! Pro-order HERE.
I am definitely going to be purchasing one of these!