I did a review this past summer on Living Proof's No Frizz shampoo and condition HERE and loved it. I was given the opportunity to try out their brand new Restore shampoo and conditioner and jumped at the chance! Check back soon, I'll be doing a separate review on the Restore Mask Treatment.
At First Glance
Packaging: The bottles have the same unique shape and rubbery feel as the others I've tried from Living Proof--I love the way they feel! Then again, I have a very weird sensitivity to textures.
Scent: It's funny, with the No Frizz duo I wasn't a huge fan of the scent, but I really like the scent of these! It's pretty and pleasant and I love the way it stays in my hair without being overpowering.
Application/Lather: The shampoo lathered beautifully and the conditioner smoothed in perfectly. I have very thick, textured hair and I often have difficulty getting products through my hair if there isn't enough slip. This was fabulous!
Claim v. Reality
Claim (according to the company site):
"Restore Shampoo, Conditioner, and Mask Treatment use PolyfluoroEster--the moisture-controlling molecule we invented--to build a new protective layer on hair. This layer acts like the natural protective layer on virgin hair, and reduces porosity by 100%.
Restore also increases hair's resistance to breakage by up to 9 times, while healing, protecting, and preventing further damage. And because Restore can do all of this weightlessly--94% of women agree, Restore does not weigh hair down--it helps stop the cycle of dryness and damage"
The materials go on to state that Restore Shampoo:
- lathers well unlike other SLS-free shampoos
- conditions, smooths the cuticle and reduces porosity
- renews softness, shine and manageability
- weightlessly conditions without the use of oils or silicones
- Lathers well? Yes!
- Conditions? Yes. I can't judge regarding the cuticle and porosity.
- Renews softness, shine and manageability? Yes.
- Weightlessly conditions? Yes.
Major Pros or Cons
- Pro - Great conditioning results.
- Pro - SLS-free
- Pro - Silicone-free (this is a big deal to me).
- Pro - Pleasant scent (I'm sensitive to smells so this is a big pro for me).
- Pro/Con - The price per bottle isn't as cheap as a drugstore brand, but then again the results are far better. This may be a pro or con to you.
- Pro/Con - While these shampoos are SLS-free and silicone-free, they obviously aren't all natural. This may or may not matter to you.
The 8 oz bottles are $28 per bottle for the conditioner or shampoo. Living Proof is currently offering a fabulous set that includes a 2 oz bottle of Restore shampoo, 2 oz bottle of Restore conditioner, and 1 oz jar of Restore Mask Treatment for $29 with free shipping! That's a fabulous deal and great way to try these out.
Where to Buy
These can be purchased on the company's site or at beauty stores like Ulta. You can purchase the individual bottles or take advantage of the great discovery set HERE.
Would I recommend these or use them again?
Absolutely! I would definitely recommend these to anyone that suffers from very dry and/or damaged hair and isn't looking for an all-natural shampoo and conditioner.
|Restore Shampoo Ingredients|
|Restore Conditioner Ingredients|
Sorry these aren't amazing photos, the bottles are so curved it's hard to capture all of the ingredients. Click on them for a closer view.