Here's the first look--Golden Plum.
What I used:
- Benefit Stay Don't Stray Primer (patted over lid and under eye)
- Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy (patted over upper lid to crease)
- B.Koi Gilded loose shadow (patted over lid to crease and blended into inner corner)
- Sugarpill Poison Plum shadow (blended heavily into crease then pulled up towards brow; swept from outer corner under eye)
- Make Up For Ever shadow 126 (blended into outer edge of Poison Plum and pulled up to brow)
- Make Up For Ever shadow 152 (blended just below arch of brow)
- Make Up For Ever Aquq Eyes liner 0L (tightlined upper waterline)
- Stila Smudge Stick in Koi (tightlined lower waterline)
- Boots No7 Exceptional Definition mascara
- Faux lash in Chloe (attached with Duo lash glue)
I wanted to highlight the mascara I used as it's the first time I've ever tried it. This mascara has a crazy wand with three different types of bristles! One side of the brush gives you volume (and really got even my teeniest lashes), one side gave me some length, and the long bristles on the end made getting the outer corner a bit easier. I love the wand on this mascara, it really did a great job on my super pathetic lashes. The formula was a tad thicker than I usually like and had a teeny bit of clumping after I used all 3 different parts of the wand, but the fact that it could reach even the tiniest, thinnest lashes on my eyes really impressed me. Definitely give this a try! You can grab it at Target for around $7.99 retail.
|See the 3 different shape/size bristles? I thought this was so cool when I first opened up this mascara!|
How to complement this eye look:
I'm going to try to occasionally suggest other products that you could wear on the rest of your face to complement the EOTDs I post. That could be helpful, right? Here are my suggestions for other possible products you could wear to complement this look on Valentine's Day...
Boots No7 High Lights Illuminating Lotion
I was able to give this a try and ended up using this just as a highlighter with this eye look today. I was blown away by how similar it is to Benefit Cosmetics High Beam--and for much less! While this is definitely better for lighter complexions than mine (I tend to need golden rather than pearl highlighter colors--Benefit Moon Beam is a favorite of mine and I'm dying to try Benefit Sun Beam), this provides a gorgeous finish. Again, not something I thing suits my specific complexion entirely, but it did give me a nice pearly glisten. I wonder if there is a golden version of this, I'm going to have to look and find out! Also, I'd like to note that this didn't cause my skin to freak out (you know how sensitive my skin is), but I did only apply it in the traditional highlight-areas, not all over my entire face. I'm very impressed with this overall and it's definitely great for Spring to give you a nice dewy look! This is also available at Target and retails for around $12.99 for 1 full oz!
Stila Lip Glaze in Grapefruit
I think this would look nice with a pink lip that's a bit more on the subtle side, since the eye look is pretty vibrant in person.
What do you think? Would you wear this look?