I couldn't find any of my nail dotting tools, but I did find some orange sticks, so please don't judge me! While this mani is cute, it's definitely not my absolute best work haha. I still thought you lovelies might get a kick out of it. For those wondering, the majority of polishes I used were Zoya and China Glaze, with 1 butter LONDON and 1 OPI polish thrown in the mix. In case you don't recognize the nail shape, that's because these are my sister's hands! She prefers a more rounded shape while I also choose either Square or Squoval.
|This is how it all started! My sister wanted an ocean blue with some seaweed and a cute fish (left is hers, right is mine).|
|Somehow 1 orange fish turned into an entire SpongeBob mani! Left to right starting with the thumb: orange fish, pineapple, SpongeBob, Patrick, Plankton.|
|Here you can see SpongeBob, Patrick, and Plankton (sorry about the glare on Plankton, I couldn't prevent it!).|
|Here's a slightly better view of SpongeBob and Patrick. It was a little hard to capture between the size and color, but Spongebob has a nose and buck teeth ;) Also, SpongeBob was holding a silver spatula in the hand you can't fully see!|
I know some of you are probably curious as to what colors I used so here they are:
- Blue background - China Glaze Towel Boy Toy
- Seaweed - China Glaze Holly Day
- Orange Fish - Zoya Paz
- Pineapple body - mix of Zoya Paz and Zoya Bekka over white with OPI Warm & Fozzie for criss-cross pattern and Zoya Trixie for hatch-style door
- SpongeBob body - Zoya Bekka over white
- SpongeBob shorts - OPI Warm & Fozzie
- SpongeBob shoes - butter LONDON Chimney Sweep
- SpongeBob spatula - Zoya Trixie
- Patrick body - Zoya Kennedy
- Patrick shorts - China Glaze In the Lime Light background with Zoya Tru pattern
- Plankton - China Glaze Westside Warrior
I think that about sums it up! I'm going to try to post more nail art pics now and then since I always seem to forget to photo them ;) Hopefully you guys can remind me!
What do you think of this cutesy SpongeBob mani?